Sunday, September 23, 2012

Part D Ahadeeth Pertaining to the Adhaan and the Prayer


97 - Part D
Ahadeeth Pertaining to the Adhaan and the Prayer

Taken from
Silsilah Ahadeeth As-Saheehah
 of
Shaykh Al-Albaani

Translated by
Abbas Abu Yahya


28- 573-On the authority of Aasim bin Umar bin Qatadah on the authority of his father on the authority of his grandfather Qatadah bin Nu’maan who said:

It was a very dark and rainy night, so I said: ‘What if I could benefit on this night by attending the Isha prayer with the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam-! Then I would definitely do so.’

When the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- went out, he saw me and he had a date-palm branch with a cluster of dates on it with which he was walking.  So he said:  ‘What are you doing, O Qatadah, here at this hour?’

I said: ‘I benefitted by attending the prayer with you O Messenger of Allaah.’

Then he gave me the date-palm branch with the cluster of dates on it and said: ‘Indeed the Shaytaan has gone behind you to your family, so take this date-palm branch and go, hold onto it until you reach your house, then take him behind your house and beat him with this.’

I left the Masjid, then the date-palm branch lit up like the light of a candle so I could see my way with it.  When I came to my family I found them sleeping, I then looked in the corner of the room and saw a hedgehog so I continued to beat it with the date-palm branch until it left.
No .3036


29- 574- On the authority of Salim on the authority of Ibn Umar who said: I was a young single man at the time of the Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- and I would sleep in the masjid. Whoever amongst us saw a dream would narrate it to the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam.

So I said ‘O Allaah if I have any good with You, let me see a dream which the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam will interpret for me.’

When I slept, I saw a dream that two Angels came and took me.  They met another Angel who said: ‘Don’t fear,’ so they took me to the Hellfire and it was folded like the walls surround the inside of a well.  It had people in there, some of whom I knew.  They took a hold of me from my right side. When I awoke in the morning, I mentioned it to Hafsa.

Hafsa decided to narrate it to the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- who said: ‘Indeed Abdullaah is a righteous man if he would pray much in the night.’

Then Salim said: ‘So Abdullaah used to pray much in the night.’
No. 3533

30- 575 - On the authority of Abu al-Muneeb who said that Ibn Umar saw a young person who excessively prolonged the prayer, so he said: ‘Do any of you know this person?’  A man said: ‘I know him.’

So Ibn Umar said: As for me, if I knew him I would have ordered him with lots of Ruku (bowing) and Sujood (prostration) as I heard the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- saying: ‘Indeed if a slave stands to pray then all his sins are brought and placed upon his shoulders, so every time he makes a Ruku or a Sajda, sins fall off him.’
No. 1398

31- 576 - On the authority of ‘Alee: the Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- ordered us to use a Miswaak and he said: ‘Verily when a slave of Allaah stands to pray, an Angel comes to him and stands behind him listening to the Qur’aan and comes close to him.  He continues to listen and comes closer until the Angel places his mouth on his mouth, so he does not recite a verse except that it enters the Angel.’
No.1213

32- 578 - On the authority of Abu Huraira from the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- who said: ‘Indeed the Masajid have Musalleen (those who pray there) and the Angels sit with them.  If they are absent the Angels miss them, if they are sick the Angels visit them and if they are in need the Angels help them.’  Then the Messenger said: Those who sit in the Masjid are of three types: A brother from whom you can benefit, a wise statement or a mercy which is in wait.’
No. 3401

33- 579 - On the authority of Salman al-Farsi –Rahiallaahu anhu- who said that the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘Indeed a Muslim prays and his sins are above his head.  Every time he performs Sajdah (prostration) his sins fall away from him so when he has finished his prayer, his sins will have fallen away.’
No. 3402

 34 - 582 On the authority of Abu Basrah al-Ghafaree who said: the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- led us in the Asr prayer in a place called al-Mukhamas and said: ‘Indeed this prayer was presented to those before you but they neglected it, so whoever consistently guards this prayer, then he will have his reward twice, and there is no prayer after it until the stars appear.’
No. 3549

35 - 583- On the authority of Anas that the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- said: ‘Indeed the Jews are envious of you due to your giving Salaam to each other and your saying Ameen after reciting Fatiha.’
No. 692

36 - 592- On the authority of Muadh bin Jabal who said that the Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- one day prayed a very long prayer.  When he finished it we asked him: ‘O Messenger of Allaah, you lengthened the prayer today?’

He said: ‘Indeed I prayed the prayer with hope and fear.  I asked Allaah -Azza wa Jal - three things for my Ummah, He gave me two and refused one.  I asked Him that they not be overcome by an enemy from other than themselves, so He gave me this.  I asked Him not to destroy them by drowning, so He gave me this.  I asked Him that they do not war between themselves, but He refused it.’
No. 1724





No comments: